Heather also talks about what she improv has taught her about communication and encourages people to learn the techniques that can give you an edge on whatever media you use to communicate with. Copywriting is important and Heather states that understanding it is the base-line to entrepreneurship. She shares the importance of studying copywriting and how understanding why and how people buy hasn’t changed much over time.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Unexpected principles that improv teaches you and can be used in media and podcasting as well.
- The importance of communicating in an entertaining way.
- The importance of giving yourself the permission to fail and not consider yourself as a failure.
- Why the base-line to all entrepreneurship is understanding copywriting.
- Why you can go back to the classics for copywriting and direct sales.
- What a chatbot is and how it works better than traditional email marketing.
- How chatbots can get your foot in the door through Facebook Messenger.
- The best way to get your message out while using chatbots.
- The importance of leveraging your work after writing a book and how you should go about it.
- Whether it’s worth it for you to write a book or not.
- The legal importance to getting permission from people before sending them marketing messages.
Ideas Worth Sharing:The moment you give yourself permission to fail, then you give yourself permission to succeed. - @hhavenwood Click To Tweet What copy writing is, is understanding how humans buy. The psychology of why and how humans buy, that’s all it is. - @hhavenwood Click To Tweet People do business with other humans – basically they want to connect and so the best way to do that is make your business as human as possible. - @hhavenwood Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Heather Havenwood: Website | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Tumblr | Amazon | Podcast
- Huffington Post
- Amy Porterfield
- Success Magnet Seminar
- The Adweek Copywriting Handbook by Joseph Sugarman
- Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene Schwartz
- Russel Brunson
- Many Chat
- Ryan Deiss
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe:
If you liked this episode, go ahead and pin me below!
How To Protect Your Website... Without Spending $1,000's On A Lawyer!