Brian does a great job of breaking down content marketing and what you should be paying attention to in order to get more traffic and business. He emphasizes the importance of knowing how to understand and use google analytics to help you understand and serve your customers better. Brian also helps us get past the blocks that make it difficult to put out content regularly and why you should create assets rather than just content.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Brian’s voice over career and how he got into content marketing.
- Brian’s definition of content marketing or “infotainment”.
- Breaking down Brian’s marketing trifecta and how to use it.
- Why it’s important to shift your thinking when writing your website.
- Why your website is never done and should be updated regularly.
- How to use google analytics.
- How to create content on a regular basis.
- Knowing your strengths and setting up a system that will help you keep going.
- How to address distraction and what to focus on.
Ideas Worth Sharing:Some people would rather read a podcast rather than listen to a podcast because they can skim faster. -@bbasilico Click To Tweet Basically it’s creating content that has a shelf life to it, that persuades without selling, that educates and gives people the opportunity to get to know you as a person. -@bbasilico Click To Tweet Websites are living, breathing, things. If you think your website is done, you’re wrong. -@bbasilico Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Brian Basilico: Site | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Google+
- It’s Not About You, It’s About Bacon by Brian Basilico
- B2B Interactive Marketing
- The Bacon Podcast
- Google Analytics Secrets
- The 4-Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe:
How To Protect Your Website... Without Spending $1,000's On A Lawyer!