Tom started his first business at age 24 and has gone on to start and sell four others, taking two of them international. He’s also shared international speaking platforms with the likes of Michael Gerber of E-Myth, Richard Koch of The 80/20 Principle, and many others. Now Tom’s focus is on helping coaches, advisors, consultants, and other online entrepreneurs generate a weekly flow of highly qualified inbound new client inquiries, and he joins this episode to discuss his methods for doing just that.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The mental shift entrepreneurs need to make with marketing.
- What crucial part of marketing too many people skip over.
- How putting tactics before strategy hurts entrepreneurs.
- Strategic things that need to be figured out before you take your first step with marketing.
- How Tom handles drawing the line between giving away information and charging for it.
- Where to get started with generating leads.
- Things people can do to differentiate themselves in the market.
- Tom’s four-step process for figuring out what your ideal clients need to see or hear in order to build trust.
- FTC rules marketers need to understand.
- Where to find a free video training series for improving your lead generation in five days.
Ideas Worth Sharing:Random acts of marketing don’t work for a couple reasons, but chief amongst which is the strategic work has not been done. -@tompoland Click To Tweet Niche down as far as you need to niche down in order to get into the weeds of a particular set of needs. -@tompoland Click To Tweet I can say ‘we’ve got great quality,’ but everyone can say that, and a lot of people do say that. … Differentiation is what the world is lacking. -@tompoland Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Tom Poland: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook
- LEADSOLOGY®: THE SCIENCE OF BEING IN DEMAND by Tom Poland
- The Five Hour Challenge
- Online Genius Membership Site
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe:
How To Protect Your Website... Without Spending $1,000's On A Lawyer!