Tarzan also gets into some of the biggest misconceptions and mistakes that people make when trying to create copy. She explains how to avoid these mistakes and shares the importance of things like a long form sales page, emails and practice. Tarzan also covers the issue of being “salesy” and makes an interesting point about why many people are afraid to ask for a sale and why we need to get past that.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Tarzan’s career journey from law to copywriting.
- Why she simply defines copywriting as “Words that make you money.”
- What you need to know about conversion copywriting when you first start out.
- What different ways to she approaches copy vs content.
- What common misconceptions people tend to have about copywriting.
- The biggest mistakes entrepreneurs make when writing conversion copy.
- How to write good copy that doesn’t sound too “salesy.”
- The importance of being authentic and legitimate about certain strategies.
- They key to having a great sales page.
- The long form sales page – how it works, who it’s for and is if it’s worth it.
- When it makes sense to hire someone to write copy for you.
- What you can do this week to improve your copy writing.
Ideas Worth Sharing:What you need to know about conversion copywriting is like, hey maybe it’s a good idea to interview your customers or your potential customers. Start pulling out the words they actually say and use them on your sales page. - @tarzan_kay Click To Tweet I find home pages very difficult because it has so many different jobs.” - @tarzan_kay Click To Tweet Writers are not born, great writers are made. And the same is true for copywriters. - @tarzan_kay Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Tarzan Kay: Site | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn
- Amy Porterfield
- Talia Wolf
- Ingrid Arna
- Copy Hackers
- Ep 019: Building a Website that Converts with Kevin Geary
- Russell Brunson
- James Altucher
- 750 Words
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe:
How To Protect Your Website... Without Spending $1,000's On A Lawyer!