Bobby shares the priority importance of registering and protecting marks and what might need to be enforced. The issue of potentially copying someone else’s work is also an issue of concern so Bobby shows how and when you can use other peoples’ work safely. He talks about how to properly use and mimic other peoples’ work in safe and fair ways while avoiding common copy-related issues.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why copyright law is especially important to online entrepreneurs.
- What is copyright and what is actually covered by a copyright.
- The difference between ideas and expression.
- Common misconceptions regarding copyright.
- What you have to do to get copyright on your work.
- How protecting and registering your mark works.
- The advantages to register your copyright in the beginning.
- The value of using a copyright notice.
- How to go about using other peoples’ work safely and legally.
- The concept of fair use and what it means.
- Debunking the “7-second rule”.
- What you can do when using other peoples’ work.
- The area of copyright law that gets people in the most trouble
Ideas Worth Sharing:If you create great content, people are going to copy it. You need to accept that and you need to be ready for that - @bobbyklinck Click To Tweet Once your work is in fixed form, you have copy right on it.” - @bobbyklinck Click To Tweet You need to assume that any written works, any images, any pictures, any recorded audio or video or anything like that, that you find anywhere else online – is copyrighted and that you can’t use it without permission. - @bobbyklinck Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Bobby Klinck: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook
- US Copyright Office
- Strengths Finder Test
- Funnel Hacking
- Simon & Schuster
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe:
How To Protect Your Website... Without Spending $1,000's On A Lawyer!