From endorsements and testimonials to guest appearances and live events, Bobby outlines where you will need to gather consent and suggests ways to do this correctly. He breaks down each area where the right to publicity comes up and how to navigate them specifically. He also discusses how the laws differ from state to state and how you can cover yourself legally in a general way that can keep you safe from state to state.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Defining the right to publicity and what’s protected.
- What you need to do to not get in trouble in this area.
- Specific trouble spots for businesses and practices to adopt.
- How to use someone’s likeness and how to get the correct consent.
- The importance of checking the specific requirements in your state.
- Explaining specific areas where you need to use the right processes.
- Methods to collecting consent easily and effectively.
Ideas Worth Sharing:It’s a pretty broadly defined right but it’s something we confront on a daily basis as online entrepreneurs. - @bobbyklinck Click To Tweet Get written consents, written releases before getting to use someone’s name, image or likeness in your material. - @bobbyklinck Click To Tweet There aren’t right to publicity police out there looking to find violations. This only comes up if a person complains about what you’re doing. - @bobbyklinck Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe:
How To Protect Your Website... Without Spending $1,000's On A Lawyer!