We get into the details of timing, monetary value, partnering and more. David also talks about the worst things to give away and how many businesses go wrong when it comes to giveaways and how to avoid these issues. He emphasizes the importance of incentives and shares different ways to incentivize your audience in the right ways.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How Vinyasa yoga helps him clear his mind and stay sharp.
- What viral giveaways are and how they work.
- The worst thing possible that you can give away.
- The importance of giving away QUALITY leads.
- Why your giveaway does NOT have to be expensive.
- How you have a bigger social network than you think.
- How to partner with others to create a quality giveaway.
- How long the giveaway period should be.
- Why LinkedIn is a great marketing tool.
- How to set up coupon codes and use them in giveaways.
- How people can avoid having too many bonus entry options.
- The biggest mistakes people make with giveaways and how to avoid them.
- How to incentivize people without discounts.
Ideas Worth Sharing:I think people assume they need to give away a lot but the truth is, you don’t need to. - @dmkthinks Click To Tweet Not only is it good to virally share and incentivize people to virally share, it’s also really good to give bonus entries for people taking specific action. - @dmkthinks Click To Tweet Everyone’s just holding out hope that they’ll be the winner but when they find out that they’re not the winner, they decide to buy. - @dmkthinks Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- David Kelly: Site | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Buzz Sumo
- King Sumo
- GDPR free online training
- I Will Teach You to be Rich
- Ego Is The Enemy by Ryan Holiday
- The Obstacle Is The Way by Ryan Holiday
- Trust Me, I’m Lying by Ryan Holiday
- Giveaways sub-Reddit
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe:
How To Protect Your Website... Without Spending $1,000's On A Lawyer!