Planning is everything when it comes to starting your own business, so this episode is all about the foundational steps you need to take in order to structure things the right way. Listen in to learn where every entrepreneur should begin when figuring out a business model, common pitfalls to avoid, and how to get everything set up well from both a business and legal perspective.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Typical problems entrepreneurs face when they’re just starting out.
- Questions you have to ask yourself in order to figure out your business model.
- Things to consider if you’re planning on creating a course.
- What you need to learn about your ideal customers.
- The right way to ask potential customers what they want.
- How to figure out your marketing channels.
- Why you need a content strategy.
- The pros and cons of personal brands vs. brand names.
- Reasons you should set up an LLC.
- Why it’s best to separate your business and personal finances.
- A common mistake that stops entrepreneurs from ever getting started.
Ideas Worth Sharing:Sometimes entrepreneurs have gone out and spent a lot of money to learn how to sell things before they’ve even figured out what they’re going to sell. - @bobbyklinck Click To Tweet When you’re starting out, you need to investigate and figure out what the right product is for you to sell based upon your market—based upon your customers—not what anyone else has decided for their own business. - @bobbyklinck Click To Tweet The perfect name probably doesn’t exist, and if it does, it’s probably already taken. … Don’t sit there turning your wheels forever trying to find a perfect name. - @bobbyklinck Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- The Online Genius Community
- The Online Genius Academy
- Your Online Genius Podcast Episode 13: Creating Multiple Streams of Income with Dorie Clark
- Your Online Genius Podcast Episode 34: Structuring Your Business
- Your Online Genius Podcast Episode 35: Naming Your Business with Bobby Klinck
- Social Curator
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe:
How To Protect Your Website... Without Spending $1,000's On A Lawyer!