I have seen first-hand how easy it is to get carried away and miss the mark, and today, I share where I went wrong starting out and how I am currently getting closer to having a content strategy that works for me, my business, and my customers. Jillian emphasizes the importance of paying attention to your skills and personality and shares great tips on how to deal with shiny object syndrome, how to use content pillars, how to profile your customers, and much more.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How your content strategy should fit into your overall business plan.
- The cardinal sin of content creation.
- What content actually is and how people go wrong with it.
- The importance of understanding what content works best with your skills and personality.
- Why you need to prioritize audience profiling and how to get it done.
- How thinkers and starters differ from doers and finishers.
- Jillian’s backburner system that helps keep her shiny object syndrome at bay.
- What content pillars and topic clusters are and how to use them to stay organized.
- How conversion holds it all together.
- How long your content plan should be.
- A bite-size way to get started right now on building a great content plan.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
People get really caught up in the, 'Oh I’ve really gotta have a blog, or oh I’ve really gotta podcast.' Do you know what? All you have to do is find a way to start regularly communicating with your audience in a quality format. -… Click To Tweet
It is about the audience first, not about you. -@DigitalDclutter Click To Tweet
If you’re creating content as part of a business, it needs to earn you money. -@DigitalDclutter Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Jillian Bowen: Site | Blog | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
- Digital Course Academy with Amy Porterfield
- Join The Online Genius Academy
- Join The Online Genius Community
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe:
How To Protect Your Website... Without Spending $1,000's On A Lawyer!